Sunday, March 14, 2021

Mustard PIckles • Bread and Butter Pickles

 

I tried to post this also as a PDF, but this Blogger software wouldn't accept that, so if you need a PDF of this image, drop me an email  (no texts, as I'm from *that* generation).

Additional Notes

PTO:  Please Turn Over

I used teeny tiny cukes, like "sweet pickle size" (some you didn't even have to cut them up)

I like smaller "big cukes" like about 3" or less.  These were firmer and didn't have large seeds in them.

"Cut fine": about the size of a nickel.  I sometimes would slice them lengthwise, then crosswise, so they fit on a sandwich.

 I cut the small onions crosswise so they would be rings.

Green peppers are cut to about 1-inch pieces.

Notes: Be sure to taste, then rinse if it was too salty. 

My Dad used to help her in the making in the later years, so his handwriting is on the back of the card.

Mom used to take a glass quart measuring cup with her to the store to know how much to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment